Who we are
The National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers (NACFB) Ltd is a Non-for–profit trade body based in London. We act as an Introducer for Commercial Credit Services.
NACFB Member Services Limited is a wholly owns subsidiary of NACFB Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
NACFB Ltd act as the data controller and NACFB Member Services Limited act as the data processor
How we will use the information about you
Here at NACFB Ltd we take your privacy seriously and will use your personal information in a number of ways which will help us;
- for fraud prevention
- for audit purposes
- for statistical analysis
- perform credit reference checks
- with our application process
- marketing purposes for our Patrons of the NACFB
- to provide you with the services the NACFB offer
We may share your information with, and obtain information about you from, credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies. Information you provide may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
We may disclose your information to any company outside of the NACFB if we have a lawful reason to process your data, legitimate interest, or where consent has been provided.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, your rights to access/alter and change information we hold on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Data:
What we need
We collect personal data about you which may also include any special types of information or location-based information. This includes;
Personal Contact Details, Passport, Driving Licence, Utility Bills, Address, Credit Reference Data, Dietary Requirements, IP Address/ location-based data.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data;
- To fulfil your request for Membership
- To send status updates and service communications to you
- To provide services tailored to your requirements
- To carry out analysis and market research
- To carry out marketing including online advertising and keep you informed of Products and Services
- To send you status updates and service communications
- To improve our websites, products and services
- For management and administrative purposes
We may process sensitive personal data;
- To fulfil your dietary requirements when the service is offered
- With the use of a combination of personal information, sensitive data may be discovered.
NACFB will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons NACFB collected and need to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your Membership and otherwise perform the contract we have with you
- Because NACFB needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Because you have consented to the NACFB using your information for a particular purpose
- Because we have a legitimate interest to share your contact and address information with Patrons of the NACFB, to facilitate Broker lender engagement regarding the services of a Patrons commercial lending facility
What we do with it
All the personal data we use is controlled by NACFB Ltd, however, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, this information is located on servers within the European Economic Area. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so or we have a legitimate reason to share this data or you have provided explicit consent where applicable. We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be available on request.
Your data is stored electronically and on manual filing systems. Our server is based in the European Economic Area.
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we will send you relevant marketing information (including details of other products or services provided by us or other Patrons of the NACFB which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, phone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication.
If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time by contacting us at any time.
The NACFB collect and process various categories of personal information at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to achieve one or more legitimate purposes as identified in this notice.
How long we keep it
We will to keep your basic personal data, such as full name, address and contact details for a minimum of 3 years after your contract has terminated, after which time it will be retracted to an unidentifiable state for statistical purposes or deleted completely.
The information gathered for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
If at any point you believe retained information is incorrect, you can request to see this information and even have it corrected and possibly deleted. Providing you with this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests.
Where relevant, you have the right to withdraw consent and object to processing at any time, this means that we can no longer process your data. For more information about your data privacy rights, please see visit www.ico.org.uk
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the NACFB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will investigate the matter.
You can contact our CEO at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
More information on our cookies can be found here Cookies Policy.